Monday, February 13, 2012

Hello from Rudge ramos! (who-ge ha-mos)

To my Dear Family,wonderful Friends and beloved Americans... Good Morning!

well I am now in São Bernardo do Campo.... and I love it!!!! Elder Fryer is my comp. He is from Grants pass oregon which is the southwest corner of the state. Elder fryer he has been out in the feild for 7 months and is just a little bit older then me but is 20 as well. The mission is really young right now and seems to get younger every transfer 20 new missionarys showed up this transfer my group was huge and so was the 2 before me. so about now over half the the missionarys in the feild have less then 8 months. But its all good i am super stoked about this transfer and area!

First ill give you a recap of my week and give you some more details about my comp and area.

Monday. It was a hard day not going to lie. I didnt think saying goodbye would be that hard but it was. jefferson when i told him looked like someone punched him in the stomach. and that kind of what i felt like two. He such an amazing kid and was the first person That I found and taught from the start. I freaking love that kid!! and will hopefully be able to go to the temple with him in a year when hes getting ready to go for a mission. anyways we had an interview for a couple that night aswell Robson and Luana. I love that family and they will or got babtised this sunday. I know that President was going to have to interview them again this week. (they had such a diffrent life,Robson was basically in charge of the drug trade here and luana was also very involved with it. but that was like 8 years ago and they are just completely diffrent they stopped doing drugs smoking drinking swearing, Robson knows the Bible better then anyone i have met and Luana is Just a saint. I have incredibley spiritual lessons there) so we will see.

Tuesday: I woke up and was feeling kinda crappy. then we went to transfers I Met Elder Fryer and then we drove to our area with a member ( It was so nice to be in a car and just relax for a bit) we got to our area and wow!! completely diffrent. Campanário is just favella and here the worst house here is was nicer the then the best house in Campanário. It feels alot like parts of seattle but less ghetto. big apartment buildings. really nice houses. the only down side is our area is about the size of all of richland. it takes about an hour and a half to walk from oneside to the other. the other downside is our apartment is SO Small. but that really the only thing i can complain about and really its not that bad and I will live. anyways so we got to our building and I unpacked (sort of...there isnt very much space for clothes I have one droor so most of my clothes are still in my suit case.) and then we went to lunch. after lunch we came back and put my bed together. Elder fryer splet on the floor last transfer because the his companion said it was missing parts ( it wasnt) anyways that took a long time because all we had is one little screwdriver to put everything together but we did it and i have the blisters on my hands to prove it. anyways bythis point i was feeling really crappy.

Wednesday we had a training first thing in the morning with one of the counselors to presidnent tanner. It was super good and i Got some super good ideas on how to improve this area. so from the sounds of it this area has pretty much stopped mainly i believe becasue of the Elders here. the 3 sets of missionarys before us from what the ward has said really didnt do much. Elder Fryer is a super good guy but all of his companions have been really bad and he has not seen a good example of how to do missionary work so and when he is discouarged forsure. so I have deciced that this transfer i am going to make it my goal to help him get excited about missionary work and try and be a good example of how to do missionary work. I still have so much to learn but I am just going to be super positive and move forward. So this is how i felt on the inside wednesday but on the outside I offically got the flu with all the works so i was basically out of it and pretty miserable until friday. (MOM can you send me more nyquil and DAyQuil!)
Thursday I got out of bed thursday to go teach Giovana and Neia (they are the only two people that we had in our teaching group when i got here...but that has changed :)...more on that later.) anyways they are awesome and we invited giovana to be babtised and she accepted and was babtised sunday... were working with the mom. They were a referrence from their aunt who is couple missionary in sao paulo Interlagos

Friday: was good day we just knocked doors and we found alot of new people all in all a pretty good day and I could see Elder Fryers spirits picking up! i just told him we were going to work hard gain the trust of the members and put our faith in Heavenly father to pick up the rest. so friday and saturday thats what we did and Sunday Heavenly father poored out the Blessing. Giovana was babtised. and I know the spirit had a big effect on her Mom. I got to speak in church (didnt know about it until right before) and after i got 2 references and we taught one of them and hes so good his name is Fabio (there will be more on him in the coming letters) and then Carla whos is 25 just showed up at church and wants us to teach her and is super super awesome! Man I Love Heavenly Father!!!!!

okay I need to go But I want you all to know that I am super Happy, Excited and working my butt off. I know with out a doubt that this is the work of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and that they lead it! I know that when we work with faith Heavenly father does the rest! I Love you all and Hope you are happy and doing well!

sincerly Elder Clements!

No comments:

Post a Comment